Considerations When Selecting a Funeral Home
While information may be gathered via the web or phone to narrow down choices, many families prefer to visit the specific facility being considered. Similar to a wedding, a funeral is an important family ritual that needs to be planned carefully to achieve the best value and most meaningful experience.
Service & Staff
- Each member of our team of professionals is a specialist in his or her field and licensed and/or trained beyond Connecticut regulations. It is our policy to staff services with friendly, helpful people to greet guests, open doors, answer questions and provide guidance.
- At Duksa Family Funeral Homes we believe the death of someone entrusted to our care deserves to be treated with the utmost dignity and respect. No matter what time of day or night it is, we always send a licensed, professionally dressed staff member or two as we bring your deceased loved one into our care.
- Through our involvement with area grief and senior-related organizations, we have become experts on matching families with resources. Our Bereavement Coordinator follows up with every family, offering materials from our lending library, recommendations on support groups or grief counselors.
- We witness the difference special music has in making funeral and memorial services more meaningful and therefore offer each family we serve a song with the vocal and/or acoustic guitar talents of Steve Casillas, at no additional cost.
- Our documentation is clearly itemized and carefully explained so that families completely understand service and merchandise costs and details.
- We accept all major credit cards, insurance policy assignments and personal checks.
Trustworthiness and Reputation
- Our family is three generations strong, continuing to provide an unparalleled level of service to families in Central Connecticut.
- We promise that your loved one, your family, guests and clergy will be treated with respect.
- Our beautiful chapels may be used for visitations or services, alleviating the need to drive to a separate location.
- Our warm and comfortable interiors are beautifully decorated and are all on one floor so that older or handicapped guests do not have to contend with stairs.
- We provide private areas for immediate family members so that they can have a quiet place to take a break should the need arise.
- Our grounds and parking lots are impeccably maintained.